CLASS SESSION #14 – THURSDAY, JULY 9, 2020
Presenter: Dr. Kenneth Hammonds
Host: Dr. Wilfred Graves Jr.
Co-Host: Dr. Oscar Owens, Jr.
This is the fourteenth post of the teaching series: “Healthy Habits of the Christian Life.” Today we will explore the spiritual discipline of praise. Praise is a form of worship. It is a verbal acknowledgment of the worth of God. Through praise we declare God’s goodness, greatness, majesty, and power. The interjection hallelujah is a command and an invitation for God’s people to praise him with reverence and joy.
We hope that you enjoy the two videos in this session. The first video is a short presentation of the topic of praise by Dr. Hammonds. The second video is a recording of the entire Zoom class. May these videos inspire you to cultivate a life of praise with the knowledge that God is worthy of every expression of reverence and joy that you can muster, and more.
If you have not done so already, please sign up for this blog at the bottom of the page to be alerted of new posts by the Three Bible Teachers. Do not forget to access the class materials and additional resources that are available through the “Quick Links” section.
Video Presentation on Praise
In this video, Dr. Hammonds introduces the spiritual discipline of praise. This presentation can also be seen in the longer video below.
Session 14 of “Healthy Habits of the Christian Life”
This video contains the entire Zoom Class from July 9, 2020. It consists of the following parts:
1. Welcome and Opening Remarks
2. “The Spiritual Discipline of Praise” Video Presentation by Dr. Hammonds
3. Conversation on Video Presentation by the Three Bible Teachers
4. Zoom Class Discussion
5. Online Worship, Conclusion, and Closing Prayer
Homework from Dr. Hammonds
1. Find a unique location to praise God. We are used to praising God at church or in standard worship settings, but we can praise God anywhere and at any time.
2. Start each day with a praise. Say hallelujah three times when you wake up in the morning.