CLASS SESSION #13 – THURSDAY, JULY 2, 2020
Presenter: Dr. Wilfred Graves Jr.
In this post we will explore the spiritual disciplines of service and secrecy. Service is the voluntary giving of time, talent, and resources. Secrecy is doing good deeds and acts of kindness with no mention to others. Both disciplines help us to shift attention away from our personal concerns to the needs and concerns of others.
We hope that you enjoy the videos in this session. The first video is a short presentation of the topic by Dr. Graves. The second video is a recording of the entire Zoom class. May these videos inspire you to cultivate lives of humility and sacrificial service with the knowledge that God sees every action and will reward you openly according to his will and purposes.
If you have not done so already, please sign up for this blog at the bottom of the page to be alerted of new posts by the Three Bible Teachers. Do not forget to access the class materials and additional resources that are available through the “Quick Links” section.
Video Presentation on Service and Secrecy
In this video, Dr. Graves introduces the spiritual disciplines of service and secrecy. This presentation can also be seen in the longer video below.
Session 13 of “Healthy Habits of the Christian Life”
This video contains the entire Zoom Class from July 2, 2020. It consists of the following parts:
1. Welcome and Opening Remarks
2. “The Spiritual Disciplines of Service and Secrecy” Video Presentation by Dr. Graves.
3. Conversation on Video Presentation by the Three Bible Teachers
4. Zoom Class Discussion
5. Class Assignment, Conclusion, and Closing Prayer
Homework from Dr. Graves
1. Write up the answers to the following four reflection questions and include them in your journal.
– What did you learn today about the spiritual disciplines of service and secrecy?
– What are some practical ways in which you can be of service to others?
– How do the practices of service and secrecy help us to become more like Jesus?
– What is the Lord placing on your heart to do as a result of this teaching?
2. Do a good deed this week for someone anonymously.